Thursday, June 12, 2008

Honey nut cheerios at CVS!


Buy $20 of General Mills Cereal or Folgers Coffee get $10 ECB (limit 1)

The General Mills cereal is 3/$10.

I bought 5 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, 1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios cereal bars, and two Reeses Fast Break bars. The Reeses bars were fillers because my ECB that I paid with were more than my total. Remember me mentioning that when I explained ECB in The Low Down on the stores? The best part about that is that the candy is by $10 in candy and get 5 ECB right now and I think I have some coupons for candy for later!

So my total was $21
I had $4/$20 coupon
I had 2 $1/2 General Mills coupons I got in my Sunday paper
I had three Honey Nut Cheerio coupons. Two were .60/1 and the other was .65/1.
That left my total at $13.15. I paid with 12.95 in ECB and my total was .20 and I got 10 in ECB back!

Now let me mention a few things. I would have gotten this completely free had my CVS had another box of Honey Nut Cheerios or if I would have asked for a rain check. Since I have a 14 month old that is very impatient at stores anymore, I just bought the box of cereal bars. Still isn't bad paying 12.95 in ECB and getting 10 ECB back! Oh and I could have made my total exactly 0 (think Powerade for .25 with coupon), but I thought I might as well buy something that could get me ECB!

If you want to do this deal I suggest signing up here for $1/1 coupon. Now I only had Honey Nut Cheerios coupons and I was lucky because that was all that was left, but it is for all General Mill cereals. So you could probably google each brand and go to General Mills website, sign up and get free coupons. My General Mills coupons came from the Sunday paper. I do believe my Honey Nut Cheerios coupons came from www.coupons.com, www.boodle.com, and coolsavings. These links will make you install a coupon printer on your computer that only allow you to print off two maybe three coupons. A lot of times the last three links will have the same coupons and sometimes if you check all three of those link you can print from each site. I don't know why, but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee you make me laugh, you took a picture of your cereal:)