Monday, June 9, 2008

Where to start

Before you start collecting your freebies, you must do a little coupon clipping first. When I post my great deals I will try my hardest to tell you where I got my coupons from. If I can't remember, Hot Coupon World has a search database you can use if you have made a few posts on their boards that will tell you where you can find the coupons.

Sunday paper:
The Sunday newspapers is full of manufacturers coupons. I live in a small city. Their newspaper does not have many inserts in their Sunday paper. Unless you already subscribe to a newspaper with good inserts, my suggestion would be to go to your gas station and buy the largest cities Sunday newspaper.

Magazine:
All You is a great magazine that not only has many great recipes in it, but many wonderful coupons. There is supposed to be somewhere on the internet with a good deal if you are interested in a subscription. I am working on finding it because I want to subscribe. I will update with information if I find the link.

On the net:
If you go to Vanessa's saving money blog in my links on deals on the net she has an amazing blog that details everywhere to surf for those wonderful internet coupons. You will have to install a program on your computer because manufacturers put a limit on how many coupons you are allowed to print. Most the time it is two. Sometimes if two or more different sites have the same coupon you can print from each site, but not always. Don't photocopy those type of coupons because they all have different UPC's and it is illegal to do this.

If you sign up on mypoints and make purchases online you build points up points and you can redeem them for gift cards and things.

If you have children I suggest checking into Upromise. Why not earn money towards their college for making your purchases? We were recently told it would cost around $160,000 for our son attend state school when he turns 18. I figure every little bit helps.

Hot coupon world is another great site that helps you find and use your coupons and tells you what stores are having what deals.

Lastly remember these few things:
1. Never get rid of your coupon until it expires. Just because something isn't on sale this week doesn't mean it wont be the next or the week after or the one after that. You get my drift.
2. Just because you have a coupon doesn't mean you have to use it. Even if your coupon is getting ready to expire using it might not necessarily save you money. If you need the product now, make sure competitors aren't cheaper after the coupon (duh). If you don't need the product I suggest waiting. A better coupon might come out next week or a different company might offer a better deal. You just never know.
3. For the most part brand loyalty goes out the window when saving money, especially getting things for free. I have a few things that I have to have brand specific due to sensitive skin and a picky husband, but for the most part we aren't partial to specific brands.

No comments: